Friday, December 30, 2011

A Fine Girl

    This is Rebekah Caroline. She's beautiful, isn't she? I have seen her fight great battles and win great wars. With one blow of her mighty sword, foes fall where they stand. Here, however, I have captured her at peace. Rebekah at peace is a beautiful sight.
   
    As my younger sister, she has enhanced my life and made it vibrantly colorful. I fear that she views me as rather absentminded and gray-souled, but like a mother hen, she takes me under her wing and does her best to inject some passion, pepper, salt, spice, vinegar, and sparkle into me. Taking pictures of her is one of the finer things in life. 

    She seems to me to channel the spirit of the ideal young American woman. She runs and walks, hikes in the small wildernesses behind the house, dotes on her gigantic white dog, Samwise, and devours beef with greatest gusto. She likes to have good things, and to have them now. She does everything with her whole heart: laughing, grieving, warring, loving. Where we would without her does not bear thinking about. No doubt about it. She's a fine girl, all right. And a precious gift.



3 comments:

  1. She is a wonderful girl. You are so right. I'm proud to know you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both.
    You are some of the greatest people I know.

    ReplyDelete